HDI Railings, provides RIBA CPD seminar
If you are an architect or designer responsible for specifying balustrades and railing systems HDI Railing Systems would like to offer a no cost or obligation RIBA CPD course approved by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is mandatory in most professions including architecture. It provides a means to stay up to date with code and technical developments that are relevant and important to architects in their role. Every year architects must acquire 35 hours of CPD, 20 of the 35 hours should be from core curriculum subjects. HDI’s RIBA CPD seminar “An Introduction to the Process of Designing Guardrails and Handrails” is a core curriculum subject.
In addition to our full range of architectural and contractor services, HDI’s RIBA CPD provides continuing education unit credits along with specific product information that enables architects and contractors to receive BREEAM credit on projects.
The aim of this seminar is to educate architects and design professionals on the important design principles concerning balustrades and handrails. This CPD will provide a basic understanding of architectural railing designs, various material options and how to properly specify your balustrades. The focus will be on performance, the importance of structure for fixing, and standards and regulations. It will help you to understand the following topics:
- Basic architectural railing design considerations
- Knowledge of various material strengths and options
- Knowledge of infill options and fixing solutions for balustrades
- Material cost and life cycle analysis
- Knowledge of British Standards, and Building Regulations
- Approved Documents related to stairs, ramps and balustrades
The Royal Institute of British Architects
CPD Registered Provider Program Summary
Provider Name: HDI Railing Systems U.K. Ltd.
Program Title: An Introduction to the Process of Designing Guardrails and Handrails
Length: 40 minutes Credits: 1 Learning Unit
Program Overview:Learning Objectives:
- Method of Delivery: Presenter will use a PowerPoint slide presentation with laptop and projector. Presentation on CD or USB available on request.
- Audio/Visual required: Electrical power and projection screen. Laptop and projector provided by CES presenter (HDI).
- Cost to participants: There is no cost for this session.
- Point of Contact:
- Neil Andrews
- [email protected]
- +44 7383 436490
All HDI Railing Systems CPD facilitators have been trained on CPD guidelines and participated in the content development. All facilitators have extensive presentation skills, training and experience. Facilitators receive ongoing training on railing systems, relevant building codes, specifications, materials, and possess an understanding of the related building design process.
To earn your RIBA CPD credit through HDI, contact a regional sales manager to get the process started.
To learn more about HDI’s products, projects and services please see the links below.